A

Anonymous

I am not happy with my tank still and SPS may not work for me. I dont know why either. I have all the equipment and have been doing everything by the book with no luck

I would like to see some really nice softy/lps tanks that are not full of brown corals and/or green corals.

Is there colorful LPS/softies that are not green/brown?

dnorton1978

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mushrooms have different shades of purple. Xenia comes in pink.

Sorry to hear of all the current frustation. I respect the fact that you are still hangin in there. Keep it up.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White bubble coral:
dsc00183uz4.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on the shrooms.

Zooanthids come in all different colors.http://www.marinedepotlive.com/zoanthid ... olyps.html

Yellow leather:http://www.marinedepotlive.com/toadstool-leather--yellow-leather-coral----sarcophyton-species-corals--leathers.html

Some colorful brains:http://www.marinedepotlive.com/open-brain-coral--red----trachyphyllia-geoffroyi-corals--large-polyp-stony.html

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the links.

In deeper thought I dont know if that will work either. I so have some LPS and their color is pretty pale. The welsopheylia (sp) is green and wite (was green and purple). My frogspawn are very pale as well.

Maybe I am down to softies only or FOWLR.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was going to say, hit Chip up for pics! :D

The man is an LPS freak! I don't think I've seen more Acan Lords than on his site!!! :lol:

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got pearl, green, brown, pink, purple, orange, white, silver, yellow, and red in my corals. Plus all the colors for the fish/inverts! :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chip - I have that same frogspawn (green w/ pink tips) but my green is very pale and the tips are almost white now.

I guess I need to figure that out first.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob_Reef_Keeper":is6k7qkm said:
Chip - I have that same frogspawn (green w/ pink tips) but my green is very pale and the tips are almost white now.

I guess I need to figure that out first.

Too much light...move it down.

Peace,

Chip

kennyfish

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean about the colors. I added Yellow polyps, Red Lobo and Purple Meat to break mine up a bit. There is also some pink xenia and candycane up abit higher on the rock and out of the shot. I only started this tank around May of this year so it has a long way to go but it does have some color and they must be easy corals to keep becasue I havent killed any yet :)

Attachments

• Oct20c.jpg
    Oct20c.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 3,280
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still deciding on what to do. I probably need to get the current tank inhabitants fixed first I guess.

Anyone want to fix my tank?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob_Reef_Keeper":1a84kv2d said:
Still deciding on what to do. I probably need to get the current tank inhabitants fixed first I guess.

Anyone want to fix my tank?

It depends where you live. I've never been to Algaeland, NY. :lol:

If you are on western LI or in the city I'd drop in and see what I can do.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can figure out how to take a decent picture of mine I would post.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: