Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets get this going show off your LPS!

Here is my collection, dont be shy share yours!

Attachments

• acan2.jpg
    acan2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 871
  • acan3.jpg
    acan3.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 872
  • acan4.jpg
    acan4.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 869

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta take new LPS pics (LPS and Fish are about the only thing doing well in my tank right now). Here are some old Blasto photos I love.

blasto1_137.jpg

blasto3_984.jpg

blasto1_162.jpg

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, how do you photograph chalices? Most shots I take don't even come close to representing their true colors.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those blasto pics actually made me miss my tank for a second.

Louey

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nikon D80 I got "free" with credit card points. I just point and shoot though. They come out a bit oversaturated and I just use the fix button on my software and it returns them to more accurate colors. I used to do a lot of photography but after my divorce a few years back I sold all my equiptment for financial issues and got out of my hobbies. Once I get time to play around with my camera and get some real lens for it I should be able to do much better.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA! Looks like you did spend some money there Ben :D

Ok, I'll post some eyecandy in a bit, need to crop and shrink larger pics though

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben":2m7wmu7w said:
I have a Nikon D80 I got "free" with credit card points. I just point and shoot though. They come out a bit oversaturated and I just use the fix button on my software and it returns them to more accurate colors. I used to do a lot of photography but after my divorce a few years back I sold all my equiptment for financial issues and got out of my hobbies. Once I get time to play around with my camera and get some real lens for it I should be able to do much better.

A D80 is a great camera, especially for a freebie!

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here's some pics, I like them, so screw you all if you don't think they look good :D

Problem is my acrylic is scratched to hell, so I can only take top-down shots, unfortunately combined with the macro-zoom it really brings out the algae, which isn't really THAT evident with the eye.

First a few Aussie acan lord frags
acan-2.jpg

acan1.jpg

acan2.jpg

A couple acan subechinata/echinata
acane1.jpg

acane2.jpg

Blastos
lps1.jpg

Favia
lps2.jpg

A "chalice"
chalice2.jpg

Brain I've had for a few years.. more of a sentimental thing
PA090079-1.jpg

Lepastrea which oh so kindly grows right on the ground, no need for taking up rockwork real estate! :D
lps3.jpg

Golden Lep, My creme of the crop Lords, and near the top a bit of kongs eye favia which I didn't realize is in the shot (why I didn't crop it)
lps4-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cripes Ben, you ever frag that top acan puuhleeze let me know, its a beauty! LPS have long been my favorite corals. Here's what I have in the nano...

Attachments

• 10 09 08 anchor.jpg
    10 09 08 anchor.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 835
  • 10 09 08 favia sweeper.jpg
    10 09 08 favia sweeper.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 836
  • 10 09 08 Duncan.JPG
    10 09 08 Duncan.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 833
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Ben unfortunately it looks like it's losing ground to the "uglier" lepastrea, if the other one gets close to the main hump (where the frag was originally placed) then I think it'll be time to move it

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might turn my tank into a lower light LPS tank, so if you guys are fragging, keep me in mind :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: