• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Been running the JBJ 28 for a 15 months now...I originally had the sponges that come with the tank in there, GAC, and the ceramic that comes with it. After a few months I realized that the sponges were only driving me nuts cause they would only create turbulence in the rear chamber and cause microbubbles in the DT.

I ran chemipure elite and wasnt really impressed with the performance of it...took it out for a few months and then tried it again. This time I paired it with the Filterfloss.... the result was crystal clear water.

As for a skimmer....I was gonna add one. I was getting mixed reviews on the JBJ made one that fits in the chamber so was considering a HOB. Eventually I figured that the water changes bi-weekly were probably doing the same thing and opted against getting one.

To date I am keeping Zoas, Mushrooms, LPS and SPS. All are doing well and growing.

So...my point is that try different things and see what works for you. Not everything is gonna work for everybody. Good luck and let us know what you ended up with.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
Been running the JBJ 28 for a 15 months now...I originally had the sponges that come with the tank in there, GAC, and the ceramic that comes with it. After a few months I realized that the sponges were only driving me nuts cause they would only create turbulence in the rear chamber and cause microbubbles in the DT.

I ran chemipure elite and wasnt really impressed with the performance of it...took it out for a few months and then tried it again. This time I paired it with the Filterfloss.... the result was crystal clear water.

As for a skimmer....I was gonna add one. I was getting mixed reviews on the JBJ made one that fits in the chamber so was considering a HOB. Eventually I figured that the water changes bi-weekly were probably doing the same thing and opted against getting one.

To date I am keeping Zoas, Mushrooms, LPS and SPS. All are doing well and growing.

So...my point is that try different things and see what works for you. Not everything is gonna work for everybody. Good luck and let us know what you ended up with.

What kinda lighting do u have that ur keeping sps's ,, do u have mh's or LEDs ,, thanks

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have an old bc14, I run floss, CP elite, purigen, and zeolite + carb ( dr.fosterandsmith brand). Very much over kill but my water super clean/clear and It allows me to do bi monthly water changes.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What kinda lighting do u have that ur keeping sps's ,, do u have mh's or LEDs ,, thanks

It's the CF-Quad. I have two small pieces that a friend of mine broke off for me to try....they are kept center tank, high up on the rock to catch the most light.

So far so good...those CF's are alot brighter then people think. I've had to lower some softies down off the rock cause they were not opening up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: