b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
ok I just got my rowaphos in when I got home from work today. My question is how much should I use in my reactor for the first time? I keep getting different suggestions. I've heard to use a couple teaspoons for the first time. The directions says to use 250g for up to 250 gallons of salt water. My tank water volume is 300 gallons. What do you suggest?

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
yes I read that somewhere that you don't want to strip the phosphates to quickly cause it could harm the fish. I don't have any fish so I'm good. I also was told that most of the phosphates will be reduced within 24 hours therefore needing to change it out. After changing it out the phosphates should be reduced significantly. Possibly under 0.3

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
It doesn't hurt fish...coral will stress if too quick, but fish could give a damn. I've always seen the recommendation of starting at 1/2 recommended dosage and going up slowly from there. I would add each time. I changed the media until I got to full dosage.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
looks like I will be running to home depot or walmart to find something that measures in grams. Something told me I should of bought the bigger rowaphos. I bought the 250g which is suitable for 1,000 liters of salt water which is approxiametley 264 gallons

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
How fast is to fast when reducing phosphates? Rowaphos has worked for me in the past but I now have phosphates at 2.0 after taking it offline. I will start up again with half the recommended dosage and work my way up changing it out every 2 weeks. Realistically would half the dosage bring my phosphates down to detectable levels within 2 weeks or is that stripping the phosphates too fast therefore stressing out my corals?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: