matthewdmueller

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
HI,
I'm finnaly here, yay! Now I was wondering where is the bast place in the Queens/Brooklyn area as far as LFS go? I'm in the market for a 75RR and I need to know what other ppl's experiences were with the LFS in this area. Price is important, but not as important as being able to get some of the things that I need in a timely manner. I havn't looked around to much but I did notice a LFS on Freshpond in Ridgewood. I didn't get a chance to swing inside. Any help would be great because I am planning to set up my 12gal Nano within a couple of weeks and then once that is ready the 75gal. I need lots of stuff, live sand/rock, salt, etc... Thanks for the help and advice.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Last edited:

matthewdmueller

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm not a big LFS fan in general, but sometimes thats the best that you can do. I will definetly be looking here and online for most of my stuff but the tanks and whatnot are hard to ship.
Samster - I'll look at what you have, allthough I am looking for a black RR I might be able to go with oak.

Thanks for the tips, and thanks for the welcome!

SaltWaterN00b

\/\/h47 @ n00b !!!
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I put a list together of the Queens stores in the Regional reefs section in Queens (of course) with phone numbers and addresses. Believe it or not some of the best fish I got were from Petland on Atlantic ave and of course H2O on Queens Blvd. heres the link
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/queens/14679-queens-aquarium-locations.html .

If you are ever in my neighborhood again (Ridgewood) let me know ahead of time, stop by and have a beer.

Patrick

matthewdmueller

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
WOW, thanks for the list. I'm actually moving to the Ridgewood area this coming week. Right now I am in Middle Village next to the M train and Kmart off of metropolitan. Next week we are moving to Myrtle and 79th Place. Busy busy, but I'm stoked because I get to set my nano up and get rolling again. I'm hopeing to have a 75g RR set up by the end of next month, but we will see.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ditto Fishtown and H20...I checked out that store in Ridgewood, maybe a year ago? Fish were healthy, but not a great selection, and all too large...tanks were dimly lit also. Had a small coral selection, nothing great, unimpressive tank I forget what was wrong with it, either too much Aiptasia or too much Valonia...I was more impressed by their reptile section. Take care, Eric

SaltWaterN00b

\/\/h47 @ n00b !!!
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
WOW, thanks for the list. I'm actually moving to the Ridgewood area this coming week. Right now I am in Middle Village next to the M train and Kmart off of metropolitan. Next week we are moving to Myrtle and 79th Place. Busy busy, but I'm stoked because I get to set my nano up and get rolling again. I'm hopeing to have a 75g RR set up by the end of next month, but we will see.

LOL Im on Myrtle and 71st. If you need a hand let me know.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The cheapiest LFS is FishTown in Queens on Northern Bvld. They sell LR for $3.99lb. There are a couple of vendors on the board who also sell LR in the same price range. You may also want to check the board "For Sale" Forum as people are also breaking down tank and usually have fully cured LR for sale. It can go anywhere for $2-$5lb depending on the amount and quality of the LR.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Dont go to reef fantasy its garbage if you are going to go to Staten Island go to Animal Kingdom's Waterworld its much better they take care of their fish and their corals not like Reef Fantasy. Also look into the database there are stores listed and comments about the store itself.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: