grisha

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
im sure it is somewher but i cant pot right words in to SEARCH.
guys im planning for future 65G sps tank . what would be the best choice for powerheads. and lights.
just the best combinations in your opinion.
thank you

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have a 65g like the tunze streams so if you want "best" i would go with the following...

2 tunze stream 6000 on multicontroller...or if you go with no sand I would go with 2x6100s...

I hear the Vortechs are good also but for a small tank like a 65g it might be a bit much and you would have the motor sticking on a viewing pane.

As for myself i currently use 1 6000 on a single controller and one nanostream 6045 always on...That gives about 50x turnover and is a bit cheaper than going with the full blown setup i mentioned above...

for lights i have 4x39w T5 HO overdriven on icecap but i am switching to 2x250w halides this summer...T5s are bright enough to grow SPS, but I am trying MH next to see if it easier to get the color to the next level.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have a 65 gallon SPS tank. I use 2 x 175 watt MH, 10K Ushios supplmented with 2 x55w PC Actinics for color.

As far as flow I am using 1 Tunze 6025 and 1 6045. If I wasn't planning on a large upgrade in the near future I would probably up my flow just a bit.

grisha

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
thanks a lot guys looks i have a task. but it is just what i was thinking about. with that much light i think i will go 120

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: