Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
IMO, it's bottled bad; the phytoplankton is already dead and rapidly deteriorates upon introduction to a tank, degrading water quality. Much faster than live phyto would. I'd be leery of a product which advises that I should test for nitrites to make sure I'm not overdosing; there should be no need to test for nitrites once an aquarium has cycled.

Kent Phytoplex

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Those corals do not typically need to be fed if provided with sufficient lighting, turbulent flow and stable water parameters. Of course, there are exceptions, such as non-photosynthetic corals.

digitalreefer

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am a big supporter of phytoplankton, but the only way to do it well is with fresh phyto. Soft corals and clams benefit directly from phyto, and the phyto feeds copepods and other micro organisms that are beneficial to the rest of the corals.

As Dean mentioned, most corals do not require feedings, but I feel that with a low nutrient food, they can benefit from them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: