Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Sounds like you had coraline and it got dry some how and died... That's when it turns white...:eek: :eek:
Or are you talking about the little white feather duster worm snail things..That twist like a snail shell...

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
coraline

i had got those dot's to. id suggest scraping them off glass. alot of it isnt calcium id bet. and no certain time period on coraline growth. i will say since i started using evs 2 part and increased flow and light my coraline growth has dramatically improved

taat2d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i had got those dot's to. id suggest scraping them off glass. alot of it isnt calcium id bet. and no certain time period on coraline growth. i will say since i started using evs 2 part and increased flow and light my coraline growth has dramatically improved
I just went thru a nasty algae bloom and all the dots were covered by hair algae on the back glass. I was under the impression that the coralline started from lil white dots.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
coraline

no they are more than likely little feather dusters. not the pretty kind. how long has tank been up ? what ar you using to test calcium ? and what are you dosing with ? i had best results with someone scraping some coraline off their tank and i crushed it up and added it to tank

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i think he's talking about the early stages of coraline algea growth on the glass. if conditions are right, the circles will thicken n turn purple/pink/red and keep mutiplying till the circles covers the whole area.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
brush your hand over it. Does it feel flat with the glass? or is it protruding out?
Flat = coraline
protruding = mini dusters
My coraline algae is light to dark pink. If its pure white and flat its bleached, probably dead.
If its white and protruding, its just the mini dusters

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: