• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok after having fought and beat algea i took a look at a few thing's that might have caused it. one was my tank is close to a window. so it was getting light from sunrise till my lights went off 11pm. blocked window out and cured that problem. i had been using a tap water filter and not changing filters enough. bought a 6 stage ro\di unit. also not that i thought i feed that much i guess i was so i cut back to 3 feedings a week. and i didnt have water flow in the area's that needed it so i adjust my flow. i also was running my phos reactor at a little to high of a flow. so nothing was really being caught { also run my carbon in same unit. so i turned flow down to just barely anything. these are just some basic thing's that i had done to help resolve my problem. already was doing regular water change's. i could have cured problem with chemicals but that doesnt fix problem it temporarly resolve's them. instead i had the patients to do it right and it paid off after almost 2 months. just my 2 cents

taat2d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nice work!!!! I'm starting to have a bit of a red hair algae on my sand. Not sure if this is anothe algae bloom. I hope it is. Gotta get the test kits out and sit down and figure this out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: