• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have never used the nutrafin test kit for phosphate, nor do I know anybody who has. I would want to have the results double checked against a hanna, it might be dead on...or it might be way, way off.

There are quite a few members who have a hanna and would be willing to test your water for you. I would be happy to. I beleive that Crox was also offering to test it for you and he lives alot closer. I am sure there must be somebody in Staten Island, so you can avoid the toll.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Well get off your computer and finish installing the FIOS cable!!!!!:kidding: I can't wait to have FIOS available in my area. Anyway feel free to stop by if you have time. PM me when you are ready.

JP

taat2d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
HEHE Actually I'm off today. Sick son and preg wife. I'll be at work tomorrow. I'll PM you with my cell number. I'd love to chew the fat with you about your tank and pick your brain a little.

taat2d

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Oh SNAP!!!
I am SO happy about that! Yes!
You guys will probably be up and running by the fall. We have to install the WHOLE area before it get's turned on in the main office. There is one lil problem. WE, Verizon is trying to put new poles in the front of the houses and the community board is trying to stop them.....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
theres a certain amount of things you can do to alleviate your phosphate problem....

but again you don't want to remove all the phosphates all at once... you will shock your sps if you have any..

You can start by doing larger water changes... for example i had my phosphates at .4 tested with a hanna meter, so i did about 6-8 water changes at 20 gallons each of course i did 1 a day for the certain amount of days and i am feeding alot less know... my phosphates are down last checked it was at .07.. i haven't checked it since... I'm also running phosban continuously and alot of it as well... 2 containers 150g each...

but def start with some big water changes and im sure the rest of these guys will fill you in on the rest ;)...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: