herpencounter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also it sounds like you're both telling me I should go ahead and fill it with the 20-30 pounds of live rock now as to avoid "shocking" the tank? Is it ok for me to just out a couple of peices in at a time as I go?

I fill it very slow I like to get the tank looking perfect (in my eyes).

This will change your water parameters I just added 5 pounds my ph went down KH went down a bit and the ammonia was a bit darker (higher) but was not bad enough to kill anything. :D

P.S. Can some one tell me why my PH and KH went down after adding rock?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is Coral Connection from you? I've heard better experiences from them. Also Rick's, I think is the name that I've heard frequents on the local forum using.

Then rock you are getting isn't live rock? Explain how they keep their live rock at the LFS.

Tomorleans

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cvp7900":2f0g8rzu said:
How far is Coral Connection from you? I've heard better experiences from them. Also Rick's, I think is the name that I've heard frequents on the local forum using.

Then rock you are getting isn't live rock? Explain how they keep their live rock at the LFS.

I've never heard of coral connection.. I will do a search for them and see how far away they are..

The LR they keep is kept in tanks full of LR..

Tomorleans

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well after about 6 days in the tank it looks like one of the chromis isn't going to make it. I noticed he started hanging around the bottom of the tank and breathing faster. Now today he's breathing hard and wobbling when he swims.. poor thing.. :cry:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about your future loss. Don't put anything in your tank until all your levels are at 0.

Tomorleans

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cvp7900":3r8dgvzj said:
I'm sorry to hear about your future loss. Don't put anything in your tank until all your levels are at 0.

I wont. I had a feeling this might happen but rolled the dice anyways..

Tomorleans

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cvp7900":1wdq430r said:
Good luck honey! Keep us updated with the progress.

I def will!! with pics..

I do have one other issue. I noticed my skimmer is putting out more bubbles than normal.. dont know if it's breaking in or just being a junk skimmer.. I tried to adjust that venturi thingy and i can put more bubbles in. I just cant shut it off completely.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have a valve to adjust. I had this problem with (piece of chit) Prism skimmer once but it just needed to be adjusted by the intake valve and all was good afterwards.

Tomorleans

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting to get some brown growing in the tank. Added a few more pieces of LR also..

Attachments

• DSC00772.jpg
    DSC00772.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,049

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: