• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well to make a long story short i had a discussion with my parents and they told me that they did not want to be in a house without a fish tank :idea2: (i guess i did a really good job on my 120 gallon)... what a suprise.. so after thinking alot i was going to go with a 24 gallon aquapod. Then nick calls me up and says hey tony i got a 30 gallon oceanic tank for you to use in the meanwhile and a remora skimmer as well :hug:.. :biggrin:... Its really sad how addictive this hobby is but its worth it.. i figure something this small is easy to take care of and wouldnt take as much effort or work as the 120 gallon tank i had.

well here are all the specs

Tank - 30 gallon oceanic tank 2 holes drilled upper right and left side (closed loop with a gen x external pump)
Closed Loop Pump - gen x 1100 gph
Heater - 100 watt heater
Lighting - :bigeyes2: 250 watt hqi 20k xm bulb
Actnic - 2 18" VHO super actnic
Dosing - nautilus III doser
Skimmer - Remora
Top off - auto top off w/5 gallon resevoir

Its going to be barebottom w/ 30 lbs of marco rock and 3lbs of live rock :scratch:

Pics of the tank will come shortly jus finished painting the back and going to start working on plumbing... still have to build the stand (no this time its going to be a normal stand but a very nice stand since it will be in my living room.

something i was debating on doing...

if i use one of the holes that are drilled for the intake for the closed loop i would need to have it pointing down do you think locline will be a good idea with a smaller nozzle on it to use as the intake.

guyz any recc. on this tank is always greatly appreciated i just feel great that i didnt leave the hobby and that i have something to come home to.. :biggrin: i love this hobby way to much ;)...

Attachments

• DSC07298.jpg
    DSC07298.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,785
  • DSC07299.jpg
    DSC07299.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,783
  • DSC07300.jpg
    DSC07300.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,774
  • DSC07301.jpg
    DSC07301.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,767
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
thanks T.... i was thinking of using the locline but i guess ill try it out and see what happens.. :bigeyes:.. but im hope this tank comes out the way i picture it :biggrin:

and yea im not looking for pulse im just looking for alot of flow at the bottom of the tank to kick up all the crap ;)..

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Can't wait to see the pics Tony. One suggestion I have is to upgrade the skimmer. No sense in holding back there if you're going nuts everywhere else ;)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
lol rich.. picks of the stand and tank will be coming tom. i like the way its coming out. gonna pimp out this stand as well :biggrin:.... yea its gonna be a whirlpool in there but my sps will be happy.. skimmer eventually will be upgraded but right now budget is low :irked:...

quick question for the closed loop can i use plastic hose to barb fittings at both ends will that be alright.. Thanks in advance guyz

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
thanks guyz... kathy i got ur pm the other day sorry i didnt respond i was jus checking then i had to run out... thanks for the advice. whats going to be inside is the doser w/ 2 1 gallon jugs and top off water. thats it for now.. going to polyeurithane it tonite or tom. depending what time i get home... :biggrin:

SI REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.5%
63   3   0
Tony, I have some 2 part epoxy and nylon threaded rod to use on your marco rock.
You can drill the rock, then run the rod thru and secure it with nylon nuts. you can then add smaller rock rubble around the rod with the epoxy. If you place dry sand into the epoxy before it cures, the whole piece looks like one solid rock. You can make any configuration you want and nothing will come apart.
Thanks for the frag....Craig.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
thanks guyz. thanks again nick for babysitting them.. they will be out of ur tank in about a month.. well the 30 gallon is all setup and running. i dont think im going to put the vortech on because with 1100 gph going through the tank seems like to much but i will see when the water clears up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: