reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is where I must state that I am replying and stating what I know and am trying to learn from your views, as all views of people in the hobby lead to a greater understanding one way or the other. I truly appreciate your time in responding to my replys and additions, thank you for participating in a conversation that may lead to a greater understanding (even if the only thing any one understands is that I'm a twit, prove me wrong, I LIVE FOR IT, not kidding at all, I love learning, even the hard way
bigg.gif
)

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Organic substances are those that contain carbon. Yes, calcium Carbonate is an organic substance

calcium carbonate is NOT a organic molecule, not everything that contains carbon is organic i.e. CO2, diamonds, etc

foam fractionation will "skim" any molecule that is attracted to the water/air surface especially the hydrophobic and amphiphilic molecules. You can probably find higher concentrations of the metals you list in skimmate because they are complexed with organic compounds i.e. enzymes. IMO if you skim freshly made sw the concentration of the minerals/metals would be the same in the skimmate as in the water, but i havent tested it personally

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In physics, a material that contains carbon and hydrogen and usually other elements such as nitrogen, sulfur and oxygen. Organic compounds can be found in nature or they can be synthesized in the laboratory. An organic substance is not the same as a "natural" substance. A natural material means that it is essentially the same as it was found in nature, but "organic" means that it is carbon based.

so yes calcium carbonate IS organic......

Last edited:

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
In physics, a material that contains carbon and hydrogen and usually other elements such as nitrogen, sulfur and oxygen. Organic compounds can be found in nature or they can be synthesized in the laboratory. An organic substance is not the same as a "natural" substance. A natural material means that it is essentially the same as it was found in nature, but "organic" means that it is carbon based.

it's not physics, it's chemistry and not everything that contains carbon is not organic...that definition is a generalized for people get a basic idea.

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's not physics, it's chemistry
and neither of the two sciences have anything to do with each other carbonates in physics follow different theories than those in chemistry, so e=mc2 in physics but in chemistry the mass doesnt matter because were talking chemistry, not physics... so specific gravity (a physics thing) has nothing to do with the content of he water (a chemistry thing) come on man.
brickwall.gif

Last edited:

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hell not only are cyanide and diamonds organic but they are naturally occuring too.....

Last edited:

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
and neither of the two sciences have anything to do with each other cabonates in physics follow different theories than those in chemistry, so e=mc2 in physics but in chemistry the mass doesnt matter because were talking chemistry, not physics... so specific gravity (a physics thing) has nothing to do with the content of he water (a chemistry thing) come on man.
brickwall.gif

if you dont think the two sciences has anything to do with eachother, then you're gravely mistaken. There is a topic known as physical chemistry and e=mc^2 is used in nuclear chemistry. But believe what you like:splitspin

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you dont think the two sciences has anything to do with eachother, then you're gravely mistaken. There is a topic known as physical chemistry and e=mc^2 is used in nuclear chemistry. But believe what you like:splitspin
it was sarcasm, OBVIOUSLY PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY ARE RELATED you're the one tha said it was one not the other, .... you make my brain hurt.

Last edited:

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
it was sarcasm, OBVIOUSLY PHYSICS AND CHERMISTRY ARE REALATED your the one tha said it was one not the other, the rules apply to all sciences.... you make my brain hurt.

but determination of organic and inorganic molecules is based purely in chemistry. Not all of it is inter-related. But after all the chemistry classes i've taken i assure you calcium carbonate is not organic, it's a mineral

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. Not all of it is inter-related. But after all the chemistry classes i've taken i assure you calcium carbonate is not organic, it's a mineral
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Organic minerals- these are once living, or are living and can bring life to cells. These contain carbon, and their electrons spin clockwise, just like those of the human body. Additionally, these cells can form an ionic bond with the body and can easily break down into materials to help with bodily function, such as tissue repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inorganic materials- these were never living, without carbon and cannot bring life to cells. The body treats these metals like toxins and are tightly held together; they cannot be easily broken down. And, their electrons spin counterclockwise, out of sync with the rest of the body. [/FONT]

minerals are the BASE of everything.

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Organic minerals- these are once living, or are living and can bring life to cells. These contain carbon, and their electrons spin clockwise, just like those of the human body. Additionally, these cells can form an ionic bond with the body and can easily break down into materials to help with bodily function, such as tissue repair. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inorganic materials- these were never living, without carbon and cannot bring life to cells. The body treats these metals like toxins and are tightly held together; they cannot be easily broken down. And, their electrons spin counterclockwise, out of sync with the rest of the body. [/FONT]

wow where did you find that about all the electrons spining in the same direction in organic verus inorganic molecule, that is completely untrue otherwise NMR/MRI's wouldn't work at all for their intended purposes. At this point i think we're just going to have to agree to disagree

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just look at the periodic table for a minute find one thing on this planet with out a piece of that in it.

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow where did you find that about all the electrons spining in the same direction in organic verus inorganic molecule, that is completely untrue otherwise NMR/MRI's wouldn't work at all for their intended purposes. At this point i think we're just going to have to agree to disagree
how does an MRI work?

it said organic mineral and

inorganic material,

not molecule....

just to clarify, try rereading the post.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

Uhh dude if you do consider diamonds (contains carbon as your only real definition of organic or not) In your definition above it defines it as once living and can give life, thus a diamond is definitly NOT organic as it has no life and cannot give rise to life.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: