Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,
It is a tough day at Aquarium Village. I was debating whether or not to make this public, but I decided it was in the best interest of all to do so. My salt water fish system has been compromised. Someone poured a chemical into the system that killed most, if not all of the fish. The police are investigating and looking at my DVR to see if they can identify anyone. We are in the process of draining the whole system and dividing it up in to three separate systems and I am taking measures to prevent this in the future.
Financially this is a big hit and for a short time, the bad guys have won whoever they are. If we do find evidence, we will prosecute to the full extent of the law. I am a very positive person and I need to take away good from this situation. We are going to be able to build a bigger, better system that will benefit the hobbyist and the store.
Now for the good things, we will continue to have healthy beautiful fish available that we will display in our other systems. Our corals are incredible and we have more variety and quantity in stock than ever before., including some amazing zoos and SPS
This is not a step back for us, but a motivation to get better. The back room is more that 80% complete and will be finished before the end of the month. The new tank systems will be up and running in less than a week. The fresh water system, the live rock system and the rest of the store is functioning at the high level people have grown to expect from us.
We are still able to fill all of your special orders and we look forward to seeing everyone to see how everything is going or for just shooting the breeze.
I want the person or persons who did this to know, that you only made my staff and I more motivated and more focused. You may think that you hurt us or won, but you that is not the case. We are already back better and stronger than before.
Richard Bonifazio

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Wow that really sucks. People are just jealous sometimes and they need to try and crap on others that are doing better than they are. Good luck with the updated system and keep us updated on your progression.

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
Wow am sorry to hear this happen to ur store u guys are great people and always hookin up customers i dont see why some one would do this to your store...i hope u catch the a** hole who did this..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
WTF .... rich I'm soo sorry to hear this!! I hope u r able too find out who it was through ur DVR !! I wonder if the same guy is responsible for this that did it too aqua hut!!

Ill be in soon too support u guys through ur rough patch!!

Best of luck. Matt

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
This really sucks.. This is one of my favorite stores on the island. Great people to deal with... Hope they find who ever is behind this and thrown under the jail.. Wish you Rich all the best and hope a quick bounce back..
Good luck
Ken

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Damn that's horrible! I was just there two or three days ago. There's something wrong with some people to do this. Wow. I'll come by and show some support soon. Hope you catch the guy and hope he pays.

JLeon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
That's not even right on so many levels ,what goes around comes right back to bite u in da a**,they will pay sooner or later that's a fact of life

Last edited by a moderator:

dimitrge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Wow I can't believe it.... another lfs in Long Island.. I hope you castrate them!!! I don't understand the drama out there. Rich I will be out there visiting my mother in law this weekend and will be stopping by to show support and p/u some of those acans, zoos and plays.

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Wow another one ..this is why the li lfs threads get deleted there is so much blatant hatred out there it's insane. Sorry to hear about this and I wish you luck in the future. Be thankful it wasn't your corals..not sure how much you had in stock but I would think corals would be more valuable then fish. Either way it's a damn shame..good luck on catching the guy!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: