• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the light on a stocked thank. Thanks for posting this thread.
I think this should be moved to the GD forum so more people can see.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Where are the mod gods? I think this belongs in the general thread.

This will be the end of MH and LED if all the claims proofed to be true, still need my super VHO or T5 actinics for night mode viewing:lol2:.

Do you have a tank thread for the monster tank built? That's a real "dream come true tank"..

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
PAR readings thus far are:

Just below the surface ~ 300-350
8" below the surface ~ 200-250
at the bottom of the 26" tank 75-100

The water could have been a little cleaner(gravel) but these numbers should work quite well.

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thanks again to Seachem and Marco Rocks!!! I really love the Kona Coast substrate.

Marco Rocks hooked me up with some of the nicest rock I have ever seen!!! Great shapes and easy to get a nice scape going.

The tank isn't online yet its all on its own right now with Vortechs for circulation. I will be on vaca for a week so I'll toss in a molly while I am gone.

FTS
001-2.jpg

Left side
002-2.jpg

Middle(hourglass shape rock is my fav!)
003-2.jpg

Right
004-1.jpg

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
how energy efficient is it in the real world? would someone care to compare the plasma vs. 400mh, 250 mh, and led's.....say electricity cost per hour at specific par value at the same depth? any electrical engineers/mathematicians want to chime in?

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Its not the new smart start rock but it is very clean, I like it.

I will try to get some more data via my reefkeeper elite and I plan to order a killawatt meter.

Looks like some where in the $1000 area.

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
No updates right now other than corals are doing just fine under this light.

I just put up a 8 tube 54 watt next to it so we can take some shots of that soon. Chris is going to walk me through wiring it for control by my ReefKeeper. I am a little nervous, I would hate to fry either!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: