Mark2480

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
meat I disagree . life of membrane . If you prefilter the water going in it will lower the tds ratding . I do a 10 to a 5 micron ant two carbon filter before membrane there are also two last but not least 3 di cartridges . also run a booster pump .

Yes i agree but it has been checked with 3 different tds meters because it seemed strange to me but those are the numbers i get. I change my filtetrs just to be on the safe side but have never read anything but 0 coming out of my unit. I run a lot of water for these tanks and my DI membrane (the color changing type) will just reach half way up turning to brown after about 6 months or so.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
meat I disagree . life of membrane . If you prefilter the water going in it will lower the tds ratding . I do a 10 to a 5 micron ant two carbon filter before membrane there are also two last but not least 3 di cartridges . also run a booster pump .
Yup, pretty much all units pre filter and carbon block the water before it reaches the membrane. Also not common to have 3 di stages. Depending on the size of your contaminants, a 1 micron particle filter could be much more effective in prolonging everything downstream. If there's no chlorine, chloride, or similar things in the water supply, than a carbon block does little to prolong the life of membrane.
Think this thread is intended to post tds readings in different areas, so will leave it at that.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes i agree but it has been checked with 3 different tds meters because it seemed strange to me but those are the numbers i get. I change my filtetrs just to be on the safe side but have never read anything but 0 coming out of my unit. I run a lot of water for these tanks and my DI membrane (the color changing type) will just reach half way up turning to brown after about 6 months or so.
Cool. Don't look a gifted horse in the mouth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: