Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
So i replumbed and my ph increased due to it. Added more surface movement. Ment from 8.12 to 8.27 fatigue the day. Been running chemipure and now I need to check phosphate levels. B4 chemipure phosphate was .18. Will check today again with Hannah meter.

ejsaints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 92 and (2) 54 corner tanks. 2 have 2:1 live rock to gallons. My kid's tank 54 has about 80-90#'s of LR. I do 10 gallons per week on my 92 and 5/week on the 54's. I only have softies, leathers and lps. I have no experience yet with sps. Nothing in my tanks show any signs of stress. Im new to this and have never lost a fish or a coral to a water condition so I am going to say that lots of water changes are fine. I also have lots or LR and LR rubble in my refugiums so im sure that the amount of LR helps stabilize a system. I wish I could use 1 central fuge to really stabilize my systems.

Maybe it would be good to have a container with LR and new saltwater to have cycling to use for water changes if you r doing more water changes more often. That way it has a jumpstart on bacteria. What r peoples' thoughts on that?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: