jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Tony, I've had some similar stuff grow in my tank, the leaves on mine were rounder. it all died out over a few months time.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It's macroalgae it's not putting out polyps someone is seeing something and confusing it for something else (such as a colony of spaghetti worms living in the algae). It is beyond a doubt macroalgae whatever "polyps" may be present are probably some other nocturnal inhabitant living within the clump of algae. Just cut off a small piece and look at it outside the tank so you can 100% ID it for urself, it's algae it will grow back.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
ok, sory this thread went so far. Its a microalgae, was trimming and gave it to a friend to check out who does some biology work. Has these little polyp holes that secrete a mucus, filters the water then sucks back in at night. Can't find the scientific name, but its still pretty cool and sorry again that this thread went on longer than it should have. I'll be fragging some of it when i transfer my corals on the tank change. PM me if you want some.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: