A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zooid":rf3ajja3 said:
When Cap and Trade passes, there might be a small exodus of customers who like to buy SPS.
Running three 400W metal halide may become impossibly expensive for me. My fingers are crossed hoping
that Congress won't follow the administration over the cliff.

I forgot to look into this but thankfully Mitch posted more on it today... topic130209.html

swsaltwater

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
June was awesome. Twice the sales of any June in history, not sure if it was the relocation or the economy having a good affect on us by keeping people in town instead of on vacation.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
swsaltwater":30wokoz1 said:
June was awesome. Twice the sales of any June in history, not sure if it was the relocation or the economy having a good affect on us by keeping people in town instead of on vacation.

Funny you should mention that. This was the busiest 4th in like 20 years in my town. I was amazed by how many decided to come to the beach instead of vacation elsewhere.

swsaltwater

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess the recession is at an all time low, competition now telling customers I am racist to try and win them over. Guess I got to go right home and beat my mexican kids, and wife.........God how low does someone go, the customer that came in to confront me was shocked someone would play the race card so loosly.........Course the wife laughed and said you are a racist you honky lmao.................

swsaltwater

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ripples of the economy seem to be at high levels now, supply issue galore at the distribution level it seem. Slow shipments and a lot of out of stock items it seems.,.....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RasBobre":1z6rpnhn said:
SSSCCs-1.jpg

I use a 2007 Chevrolet Express AWD. Wish I could afford the Sprinter. For pretty much all American vehicles, I recommend Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID for new car sales. I carry a 220 gallon Ryan Herco water tank and have an additional 4X4 space for additional items.

Hey, I've been in that van! I woke up groggy in a corn field, but I remember that van!

JennM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in the last couple of weeks, 3 stores have closed or are closing in the Atlanta area.

One closed to move a couple of months ago, but word just came down that they won't be reopening.

Another that was only open about 14 months has disappeared - there are conflicting stories going around that he may be moving from the 'burbs to downtown ATL - but that may not be right away...(if at all?)

And another store that's been around for over 10 years, just announced it's closing - they moved last year and now they are closing their doors.

Tough times in the ATL.

As for us - we're fairly in line with the last 2 years, but we downsized, thus reducing our overhead. So with consistent sales, and less expense, that is keeping us just chugging along.

Being the tortoise in the race is never a bad thing. 7 years and looking forward.

Jenn

dizzy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seamaiden,
Let me clarify a bit. Let me just say the Team Obama stimulus plan was too little to late for Caterham.

Gone like a freight-train, gone like yesterday
Gone like a soldier in the civil war, bang bang

dizzy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy that told me about it wasn't to sad................. but then again he did happen to be a competitor. I wish him well.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dizzy":wy82b59l said:
The guy that told me about it wasn't to sad................. but then again he did happen to be a competitor. I wish him well.
That's bad juju on his part. Be NOT glad or wish for the demise of your competitor, it may visit itself upon YOU.

JennM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seamaiden":2r8c5uz8 said:
dizzy":2r8c5uz8 said:
That's bad juju on his part. Be NOT glad or wish for the demise of your competitor, it may visit itself upon YOU.

So very true. There but by the grace of God goes any of us.

Bad juju is no fun.

Jenn

swsaltwater

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say in this hard times is to lower overhead anywhere you can. I was kind of lucky as I was forced to move by a massive termite infestation that the landlord could not understand me not allowing him to posion the crap outta my unit. Made the decision to break lease and move so much easier. The icing on the cake was better shop, lower overhead, and closer to the customer base.......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: