P

Pedro

For that matter, we might as well consider the spotted filefish and easy to keep fish. After all, since it's a voracious coral eater, then as long as you throw in plenty of sps he will be fine.

As Ronen mentioned, any fish with a dedicated diet, goes in the hard to keep/advanced category. Agree? LOL

Ronen, the best time to get pics is when you feed him. Drop the starfish in the front and start snapping.

D

DEEPWATER

update pic on my EXoShrimp ;lol

Attachments

• NEW STUFF 002.jpg
    NEW STUFF 002.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 124

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So my question is do you have to have a dead starfish to keep these precious thing alive or do you keep many starfish in your tank? and do they survive the attack?
How do you do it?

one live starfish every week or two will be fine. what the harlequin do is flip the star upside down and start eating from the legs to the central disk. the star is pretty much alive throughout the whole thing.

veronique

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's beautifull, I love it, will get two next year, I never got a staight answer from you guys, do you cut alive pieces of starfish? do you just let your shrimp hunt and the thing don't die???you have several starfish???
ok give me a clear answer
Thanks
Vero;)

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
you could do like i do. cut the legs off the star and feed a leg every week or two or you could leave the star intact and they will hunt it down. you could get several but one will last a long while.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
For that matter, we might as well consider the spotted filefish and easy to keep fish. After all, since it's a voracious coral eater, then as long as you throw in plenty of sps he will be fine.

As Ronen mentioned, any fish with a dedicated diet, goes in the hard to keep/advanced category. Agree? LOL

Ronen, the best time to get pics is when you feed him. Drop the starfish in the front and start snapping.

i have to disagree w/ you here pedro. feeding starfish in no way compares to buying pricey sps and then keeping them alive in your tank for the filefish to eat. :p

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
heres an update pic of the monster :D

Attachments

• aaSome pics 003.jpg
    aaSome pics 003.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 91
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Veronique -
A lot of people have the Asterina type microstars in their tank which often multiply to plague proportions. I once watched Eric pull a TON of them off of his glass - probably at least twenty. He gave them to someone with a harlequin.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Yeah they do eat them elle..but they will wipe out ur population very quick...a harlequin definetly needs a big star fish to be satisfied...i put in a cc star that had two legs left and my harley has been on him for about 2 weeks already....he lets him go and then goes and gets him a lil while later....DEEP tax time is near so I'm a talk to you about that EXOSHRIMP...only if it will get along with the one I have already...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: