• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

D

DEEPWATER

Check out this sweet looking Harleqiun shrimp ,the pic does no justice to the color of this beauty

how sweet it gets

1 pic is w/flash the other w/o

Attachments

• Exotic Shrimp 003.jpg
    Exotic Shrimp 003.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 400
  • Exotic Shrimp 002.jpg
    Exotic Shrimp 002.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 387
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow i just fell in love with that shrimp.

it is a verry cool looking shrimp ,i gave it a part of star fish last night.The shrimp still has it and chopping away.I think my shrimp is in heven now that it has its star fish :D

veronique

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Beautifull but difficult to feed, except if you have an unlimited supply of live star fish.What do you do to feed her, do you cut piece of your live star fish?

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here's to you Ronen man, the signs of a successful hunt. Don't let the looks misguide you, they have a specialized care. They only eat starfish, so keep that in mind.

How's your's doing Deep? Got any more pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here's to you Ronen man, the signs of a successful hunt. Don't let the looks misguide you, they have a specialized care. They only eat starfish, so keep that in mind.

How's your's doing Deep? Got any more pics?

He is loving my tank :D

Ill get some more for you in a bit :)

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Scarf, i never mentioned that they are hard to keep, just that they have a specialized diet. This is mostly directed to newcomers who might fall in love with them, buy them and then wonder why they perish. All i am saying is to know their needs and you can keep them happy for a very long time.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I would say they are difficult to keep (eats only star fish)

Cleaner wrasse ,leapoard wrasse ,sunburst,mandarin etc ,,would you say they are hard to keep ? and why ? :D

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I wud say a mandarin is hard to keep, cause of its diet as well..unless your lucky and it eats mysis...but by the way Ronen's Mandarin looks i guess steroids wud work just as good.... Dude what was the name of that coral i kept askin u about...it was too cool...oh yeah and the harlequin...NOiiiiicceeee....

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
pedro i was referring to veronique's comment. btw i love the blue color on your harlequin. i still say they aren't difficiult to keep ronen. if i can keep mine alive then i consider them easy. LOL

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
pedro i was referring to veronique's comment. btw i love the blue color on your harlequin. i still say they aren't difficiult to keep ronen. if i can keep mine alive then i consider them easy. LOL

LOL jon jon jon ,,what we are tryna to say ,is not everyone should get a harlequin shrimp .Not every one is as dedicated to the hobby as we are .

lets say this ,,,,

They are easy for the more experianced hobbiest ,then a person that is just starting out ,Hows that :D

veronique

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here is my experience with Harlequin,
Once I was doing a night time snorkeling by myself just with a small underwater torch (Kenyan coast), it's very spooky because your vision is very limited and all the predator are on the move (lion fish, moray, stone fish...) hunting.
Anyway under a rock I saw those things, didn't know what it was but getting closer I saw these little wonder, a pair of them.

I took them brought them back to Nairobi in my tank (kept that tank 5 years), it didn't take them long to find my starfish, 3 weeks later my starfish died.
I didn't have an unlimited supply of starfish (13 hours of driving to reach the coast and the only shop in Nairobi didn't have them) so I tryed my harlequin on fish, prawn and squid, off course it didn't work.

So my question is do you have to have a dead starfish to keep these precious thing alive or do you keep many starfish in your tank? and do they survive the attack?
How do you do it?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here is one more pic ,He stays all the way in the back under a clif during the day time so not easy to get a clear shot ,and comes out to the front of the tank at night.
Ill see what i can do later int he week with better pics :D

Attachments

• CORAL UPDATE@ 002.jpg
    CORAL UPDATE@ 002.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 142

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: