reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I've never had an issue with marine depot in the past and to be fair, it doesnt seem like any problems mentioned in this thread would have any other outcome if the purchase was made not through marine depot.

The fact that the UV sterilizer manufacturer almost made it seem like the leak was "normal" when the sterilizer is not mounted with the wiper facing upwards is much more disturbing to me. They basically admitted to producing a faulty product yet they are not taking any blame for it? Why are you calling Alice the nice one? It sounds like shes the one you should be mad at if you're mad at anyone.

Also about the mention of an item going out of stock for black friday and Marine depot not honoring the same price on a later date when the item came back into stock would have happened no matter where you purchased from. That items price is controlled by the manufacturer as they mentioned. So when the manufacturer says the sale is only for black Friday then thats the only day they're able to charge that price.

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I've never had an issue with marine depot in the past and to be fair, it doesnt seem like any problems mentioned in this thread would have any other outcome if the purchase was made not through marine depot.

The fact that the UV sterilizer manufacturer almost made it seem like the leak was "normal" when the sterilizer is not mounted with the wiper facing upwards is much more disturbing to me. They basically admitted to producing a faulty product yet they are not taking any blame for it? Why are you calling Alice the nice one? It sounds like shes the one you should be mad at if you're mad at anyone.

Also about the mention of an item going out of stock for black friday and Marine depot not honoring the same price on a later date when the item came back into stock would have happened no matter where you purchased from. That items price is controlled by the manufacturer as they mentioned. So when the manufacturer says the sale is only for black Friday then thats the only day they're able to charge that price.
Reefiness I made a 2817.40 :scratch:purchase from MD for cyber Monday, not sure where you got U got that I didn?t buy it from them. And the Reason I said Alice was nice to me was because the very first time I spoke to her she offered me at no cost to ship me the part for free. MD tried charging me for both. After I hustle them for an hour, then they decided to give it to me for free. By then, I had already spoken to aqua. Alice was clear that MD knew this information by the way.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reefiness I made a 2817.40 :scratch:purchase from MD for cyber Monday, not sure where you got U got that I didn?t buy it from them. And the Reason I said Alice was nice to me was because the very first time I spoke to her she offered me at no cost to ship me the part for free. MD tried charging me for both. After I hustle them for an hour, then they decided to give it to me for free. By then, I had already spoken to aqua. Alice was clear that MD knew this information by the way.

I never said you didn't purchase from MD. I'm saying it sounds more like Aqua is at fault, not MD. Sounds like a warranty issue you have on your hands which are generally done through the manufacturer, in this case Aqua. If Aqua is offering the item to you for free then you should take them up on the offer.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I had the same uv sterilizer and they are known to leak as the wiper wears out from constant use.as in your case it was probably sitting on the shelf for a long time and the wiper nut had dried up.just curious as to why you want yo use a uv sterilizer on a reef tank?a fish only tank I can understand

schaNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Most credit cards have purchase protection built in these days, you don?t need an Amex anymore as these card benefits have now become standard. You may have to produce a replacement receipt to get that refund though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: