A

Anonymous

Again, not working this morning, despite reloading about 10 times. Even tried leaving the site and coming back, but that didn't help. Hopefully making this post might somehow free it up...

A

Anonymous

Len,

Any light you can shed on this? It's getting pretty frustrating how often it's happening...

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now, we're waiting for an update to the search engine. We've exhausted the possibilities for why this is happening. It's curious it fails as often as it does for you in the UK; I have never had a problem of it starting on the second attempt.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's something to do with my work computer. I still have the problem that I can't use smilies, highlight text the usual way of click on the buttons above the reply window. Don't waste too much time on me. I'll just have to learn to live with it (and curse my employer every morning).

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Escaped Ape":c1pcij1g said:
Maybe it's something to do with my work computer. I still have the problem that I can't use smilies, highlight text the usual way of click on the buttons above the reply window. Don't waste too much time on me. I'll just have to learn to live with it (and curse my employer every morning).

Is it the same at home?

If you can't do the normal functions, your work IT probably has put limitations on the computers to deter you from going to websites not work-related ;)
But just in case, make sure that it says BBcode and Smiles are ON in your profile (along with every other board setting).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2rn1e2qm said:
The Escaped Ape":2rn1e2qm said:

Is it the same at home?

If you can't do the normal functions, your work IT probably has put limitations on the computers to deter you from going to websites not work-related ;)
But just in case, make sure that it says BBcode and Smiles are ON in your profile (along with every other board setting).

I don't tend to access my computer at home in the mornings, but no, I don't get the same problem. The smilies and BBcode are on. Plus it's weird, as none of this is a problem on (ahem) other boards (which I don't visit very often I promise!). I can highlight text with the mouse, use smilies, BBcode, the whole lot. Just RDO. Very odd. Anyway, if they're trying to get me to spend less time here, they've gone the wrong way about it, as it now takes me twice as long, having to type out [ img][ /img] and : lol: etc. :lol:

atnixon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len,

If you need any help fixing errors with PhP software, want help with mods or upgrades, send me a PM...got plenty of experience with this software..

Thanks

Niko

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: