chris&barb

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wings":3l7kc42f said:
The time is still off by an hour, even when I choose the correct time zone. (I'm thinking daylight savings is throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing).

You can change that in your UCP-> Board Preferences->Summer Time/DST is in effect:, set to "yes". In the fall you need to change it to "no"

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chris&barb":6lwu9r0t said:
wings":6lwu9r0t said:
The time is still off by an hour, even when I choose the correct time zone. (I'm thinking daylight savings is throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing).

You can change that in your UCP-> Board Preferences->Summer Time/DST is in effect:, set to "yes". In the fall you need to change it to "no"

That worked. Thanks much. :)
-jdg

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the style in your profile to sub2-RDO and it'll look very close to the old site; I'm not a fan, but if you really don't like change, that's the best solution ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, I'm liking this.
A new day and all...just getting used to it still is all. It was a shock.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2esa8c5u said:
Change the style in your profile to sub2-RDO and it'll look very close to the old site; I'm not a fan, but if you really don't like change, that's the best solution ;)

FWIW, that profile seems to work best on my crackberry. Both the stock Blackberry browser and Opera have some issues with both of the newer profiles.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way you can get rid of the auto-cropping for hot-linked images?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":21zh2yc0 said:
I'll look into it. It doesn't look like it's a easy change.
Please don't!
I hate it when a damn link causes the thread to be extra wide so every post on the page must then be scrolled left and right to read.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the reason why the current system crops. I'm still looking at the possibility of removing this feature, but I don't know if I will if I could. To view images in full, right clicking is a simple way. But really, how many people have a good reason to post huge pictures in threads?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse my naivety about this subject, but could the board simply make all posted pics full screen size and automatically reduce the resolution of pics that exceed the maximum kb allowed by the site?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. McFeely":fhbebqfg said:
Excuse my naivety about this subject, but could the board simply make all posted pics full screen size and automatically reduce the resolution of pics that exceed the maximum kb allowed by the site?

These are hotlinked (outside) images, and the problem isn't file size but dimensions being too big to fit on some screens (the system "crops" the images instead of making you scroll). Attachments have kb and dimensional limitations. There isn't any way to automatically reduce picture attributes when you upload.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2e95aile said:
Mr. McFeely":2e95aile said:

These are hotlinked (outside) images, and the problem isn't file size but dimensions being too big to fit on some screens (the system "crops" the images instead of making you scroll). Attachments have kb and dimensional limitations. There isn't any way to automatically reduce picture attributes when you upload.
Thank you for the explanation. I don't know how to hotlink an image.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you not get it to do what it does with attachments? That is, add the scroll bars, so that someone can click on the picture if they wanted to see it full size? If not, don't worry. It just seems to work pretty well with attachments.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Escaped Ape":2rh0cs93 said:
Could you not get it to do what it does with attachments? That is, add the scroll bars, so that someone can click on the picture if they wanted to see it full size? If not, don't worry. It just seems to work pretty well with attachments.

Alas, I can't. Hotlinking is simple language (for bb codes, it's simply

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":13evy2pp said:
The Escaped Ape":13evy2pp said:

Alas, I can't. Hotlinking is simple language (for bb codes, it's simply ) which does nothing but fetch an image from the web.[/quote]

Yet the autocropping does work? Seems odd. I'm sure you're right, but as someone who knows nothing about how this works, I would have thought if it could do that, it could do something else.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Escaped Ape":27389js7 said:
Yet the autocropping does work? Seems odd. I'm sure you're right, but as someone who knows nothing about how this works, I would have thought if it could do that, it could do something else.

I'm sure there's a hack for something similar to what you're asking, but autocropping is written into the program (would be easy to write) whereas placing hotlinked images into framed scroll boxes is not.

chris&barb

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2ixz7ejk said:
Mr. McFeely":2ixz7ejk said:

you can do it through bbcodes. then the problem becomes getting people to use the bbcode. I have this same software and i love the fact it crops photos because i hate scrolling just because someone doesn't want to make one click on photobucket to resize.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris was kind enough to share with me the bbcode 8)

I've added it. It's a new button found above the post area (along with all the other bbcode buttons), called rimg . What it does is display your image in a 640x640 max frame, scaled proportionally. If you click on it, it will display the full image. You can use it instead of the img bbcode that you're used to.

Here's an example:
[rimg]http://www.reefs.org/wallpaper/imageindex/2007series/cyan/variant/original[/rimg]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: