Nico1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":13z7z2ak said:
Ok guys, we've installed the old theme similar to the old board. You can choose between the old theme and the current/modern theme in your user control panel: ucp.php?i=170 . Under "my board style," select "sub2-rdo" and submit to save the changes.

We're working on our own custom theme as well, based on the modern theme but with changes that people requested here.

I have also added prosilver-left, the same stuff as the default theme, but with avatars/profile info to the left.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what's scary? I tried both and I'm sticking with the new look, avatars on the right look. 8O

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Escaped Ape":f8fqrhwm said:
You know what's scary? I tried both and I'm sticking with the new look, avatars on the right look. 8O

:lol: I told you, for a lot of people, it's just a matter of getting used to a new layout.

I'm going to create one (or two) new themes that hopefully people will like best; they'll be based on the modern layout, but with new colors.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're right. I was like "What's all this new avatars on the left crap? I'm all confused!" :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nico":1h1y57op said:
Len":1h1y57op said:
Ok guys, we've installed the old theme similar to the old board. You can choose between the old theme and the current/modern theme in your user control panel: ucp.php?i=170 . Under "my board style," select "sub2-rdo" and submit to save the changes.

We're working on our own custom theme as well, based on the modern theme but with changes that people requested here.

I have also added prosilver-left, the same stuff as the default theme, but with avatars/profile info to the left.

Yes. Much better. I could nitpick. But I won't. :D :D :D

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
budhaboy":2m7dbvv0 said:
Len":2m7dbvv0 said:
When (time and event) have you experienced the 403 problem? Is the problem still persisting? Also, what browser are you using?
Internet Explorer.

the 403 errors began right after the upgrades took place - and then yesterday, I began getting network timed out reports, and it kept that way till I got home- worked fine at home, then network timed out again this morning, and stayed that way till 10.30am. I've still gotten one or two 403 errors today, but I'm finally able to log on and post again....

Hey JP, we might be coming closer to solving the problem. Can you do two things for us? Try deleting your cookies (a link at the bottom nav bar is provided to "Delete all board cookies"). Can you also try using another browser, like Firefox?

BTW, which IE version are you using?

Christeon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't locate where you setup the my aquarium on my control panel. I was going to delete my signature, I like having a place to put the info.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christeon":2gq2ssbn said:
I can't locate where you setup the my aquarium on my control panel. I was going to delete my signature, I like having a place to put the info.

It's at the bottom of the profiles tab: ucp.php?i=169

Oh, it must not be activated for all usergroups :( My apologies. It's now fixed

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":2sfzex19 said:
Nitpick! We still have another theme coming. Nitpick now instead of after it's released ;)

Ok. These panels. Or My post, your post, etc. The separation still isn't what it needs to be. Put a blue line around each post like this Post a Reply box has. Something to tell one apart from another besides some subtle color change and a almost not seen, white line.

More smilies!

And boobies. Not near enough boobies.

What idiot changed the size numbers for the font sizes? I did a lookie the other day from habit. As I often type in the code, and it was puny font. Size 24 used to be the largest. Now it's something like 200.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bucolic Buffalo":mszoi80p said:
Ok. These panels. Or My post, your post, etc. The separation still isn't what it needs to be. Put a blue line around each post like this Post a Reply box has. Something to tell one apart from another besides some subtle color change and a almost not seen, white line.

Yep. That gets changed in our custom theme. We're going to try to see if more distinct colors suffices. If not, I can see about a border, but I rather hate borders (so 2000 :P)

More smilies!

That's in the works too.

And boobies. Not near enough boobies.

This is an admin-only feature. Sorry :(

What idiot changed the size numbers for the font sizes? I did a lookie the other day from habit. As I often type in the code, and it was puny font. Size 24 used to be the largest. Now it's something like 200.

Oh, the new code is based on percentage of default. So 24 is 24% of default, and 200 is 200% of default (twice as large). This allows us to limit absolute scaling so people don't try to post font size 100.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm getting picky here.. but is it possible to move the "sticky" up to the announcement panel? It makes for easier picking and sight target.

...if ya can't no worries... but it's playin with my eyes! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I just realized why ... announcements are global, whiles stickes are local to the forum?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time is still off by an hour, even when I choose the correct time zone. (I'm thinking daylight savings is throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":weejdwvq said:
budhaboy":weejdwvq said:
Len":weejdwvq said:
When (time and event) have you experienced the 403 problem? Is the problem still persisting? Also, what browser are you using?
Internet Explorer.

the 403 errors began right after the upgrades took place - and then yesterday, I began getting network timed out reports, and it kept that way till I got home- worked fine at home, then network timed out again this morning, and stayed that way till 10.30am. I've still gotten one or two 403 errors today, but I'm finally able to log on and post again....

Hey JP, we might be coming closer to solving the problem. Can you do two things for us? Try deleting your cookies (a link at the bottom nav bar is provided to "Delete all board cookies"). Can you also try using another browser, like Firefox?

BTW, which IE version are you using?
IE7. This is a company puter - I cant change browswers...

still getting the "forbidden errors" but they're less frequent now...

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wings":3shnnl9x said:
Oh, I just realized why ... announcements are global, whiles stickes are local to the forum?

Announcements aren't all global, but they are all in a separate area as you see. Stickies are all local to a specific forum, and they're all in the main thread listing area. To move the sticky up to the announcement area, we'd have to make it an announcement ;)

The time is still off by an hour, even when I choose the correct time zone. (I'm thinking daylight savings is throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing).

You need to select "Yes" for "Summer Time/DST Is In Effect" in your profile's global setting: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=personal

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
budhaboy":34ejfl7p said:
IE7. This is a company puter - I cant change browswers...

still getting the "forbidden errors" but they're less frequent now...

Do you have 403 messages at home too? Same browser? If so, can you try Firefox at home? Also, did clearing your cookies help?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: